Once the Buyer & Seller have agreed to the terms of the transfer. The process of transferring the IE domain is as follows:
PLEASE NOTE: These instructions are for .ie domains registered with Always Amber. If the domain is registered elsewhere, you will need to initiate a billing handle transfer first.
- The Buyer and the Seller reach out to Always Amber to initiate the ownership transfer process.
- The Buyer & Seller need to review and agree to the Registry's Terms and Conditions located at https://www.alwaysamber.ie/support/ie.php and the Legal Requirements and Terms and Conditions for participating in the sales process at https://www.iedr.ie/sell-your-domain/.
- Always Amber will work with the Buyer to ensure that they meet the IEDR's registration requirements to hold the domain name.
- The Buyer & the Seller both accept the IEDR's Acknowledgement & Disclaimer relating to secondary.
- The Buyer needs to create an account on our system at https://www.alwaysamber.ie/panel/register.php (if they don't already have one) and pay the Buyers admin fee of EUR25 plus VAT. This can be paid at https://www.alwaysamber.ie/panel/cart.php?a=add&pid=95 (choose I'll use a domain I already own from the options and enter the domain name you wish to buy).
- The Seller is required to pay an admin fee of EUR45 plus VAT for the Registry to process the request. This can be paid at https://www.alwaysamber.ie/panel/cart.php?a=add&pid=96 (choose I'll use a domain I already own from the options and enter the domain name you wish to sell).
- We'll then submit the Buyers request to the Registry using the details supplied when the account was created. If the Registry requires any supporting documentation, to show the new owners claim to the domain name we'll contact the Buyer to request it.
- Once the Registry accepts the request, a transfer authorisation code will be sent to both the Buyer and the Seller. Once both parties are satisfied that the terms of the transfer have been met, they supply us with their code which we submit to the Registry. At this stage, the domain is locked for a period of 3 days. After the 3-day lock has expired, the domain will be unlocked and the 'WHOIS' will be updated to reflect the new holder's details.
Always Amber cannot guarantee that the Buyer will qualify as a domain holder and it is up to the Buyer to satisfy their eligibility before starting the process.
Both the Buyer & Seller fee's are non-refundable.
If you have any specific questions about the process, please let us know.