Last changed on May 23th 2018
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- - “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- - “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you register or attempt to register a domain name, or order hosting, email services, SSL certificates or any other product/service we offer through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, domain admin address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal & ApplePay account details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Also, for some services like, but not limited to, domain registration we may also request proof of identity to verify your name and address.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, activating your domain name and/or service, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATAWe share your Personal Data with third parties to help us use your Personal Data, as described above. For example, we use Enom, Endurance Group, IEDR to provide services and domain registration via our website. You can read more about how Enom, Endurance Group, IEDR uses your Personal Data at:
- https://www.enom.com/terms/privacy.aspx - Enom
- https://www.endurance.com/privacy/privacy - Endurance Group
- https://www.iedr.ie/about-the-iedr/our-policies/ - IEDR
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Data here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a court order, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Data we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Data be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Asia and the United States.
DATA RETENTIONWhen you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Personal Data you provide to us when registering a domain name will be kept for the lifetime of the registration.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at or by mail using the details provided below: Doonties East, Lispole, Co Kerry, V92 CP20, Ireland