UPDATE 16:50 14/04 Our team is working to clear a massive backlog of incoming and outgoing email on the remaining server. We hope to have this cleared in the next hour and we can then restore incoming and outgoing connections for the remaining customers.
UPDATE 13:20 14/04 About 80% of accounts are now operational. You might notice a small delay in outgoing emails because it will take some time to clear the backlog that has built up. We hope to have an update shortly regarding the remaining 20% of accounts that are still having issues.
UPDATE 12:00 14/04 Full service has been restored to about 50% of the affected accounts. We are continuing to work on restoring service to the remaining accounts and we hope to have another update around 1pm Irish time.
UPDATE 07:00 14/04 Unfortunately, the large volumes of traffic that our servers have been experiencing have caused a Network Switch to fail. We are currently preparing a secondary Switch which should solve this problem. We will update this space once we have relevant details.
UPDATE We have implemented a temporary firewall to try and block the malicious activity. Server loads are still extremely high which are continuing to cause time-out errors.
A number of our email servers are currently under DDOS attack (Denial-of-service attack). This is affecting our Business Email service and users may find they can send or receive email or access Webmail.
We are trying to identify and block the illegitimate traffic, but it may take a couple of hours to get the attack under control.
We do apologise for the inconvenience caused and we will update this thread as soon as additional information is available.